From the inside out..
From the inside out..
In love with My Creator!!
Who else can live me in all my Imperfection.
Thank you God!!
How do you turn things over to God? Start by making the choice and declaring your resolve. Simply say, “Father, I choose to let You be God of this situation. I take my hands off. I trust You.” Then, choose to worship Him. Worship is one of the best ways to set your heart and mind in the right place. You can’t worry and worship at the same time! Worship is a sign that you are trusting God; worry is a sign that you are trying to control things.
What do you do when the storms of life seem to be raging against you? One time Jesus was with His disciples in a boat out on the water when they encountered a great storm. The disciples were very afraid but Jesus, on the other hand, was fast asleep. When the disciples woke Him up to see if He could help them, Jesus got up and simply spoke to the storm, “Peace! Be still.” And the seas were calm again.
When difficult times come, you don’t have to be overwhelmed by the waves of worry or fear. Just as Jesus stood up and spoke to the storm, you have power in your words, too. As a believer, the Bible tells us that the same Spirit that raised Christ from the dead dwells in you. That means God’s miracle-working power is on the inside of you. He’s given you His authority to declare peace over your home, over your mind, and over your family. Remember, no matter what storms may come against you, the Greater One lives on the inside of you, and He’ll empower you to live in victory in every area of your life!
Admit it, flavored water is fun. Throw in a bunch of your craziest combinations together or your favorite fruits together and you might never look back!
Better yet, it’s a great activity to do with your kids and the variety of colors in the water may just attract them. Moreover, aside from getting your hydration in, you are also downing the extra vitamins and minerals from the various herbs, veggies and fruits you put in. Do you need any more convincing?
Tips about flavored water:
- Fresh vs. frozen fruit. When in season, I prefer to use fresh fruit. However, when fruit is out of season, the fresh version can be tart or flavorless. Because fruit that is to be frozen is picked at the peak of ripeness, it is often the better option for the best flavor, sweetness, and nutrients. I find this to especially to be the case with berries and peaches.
- A variety of fresh herbs. Use whatever herbs you like or happen to have on hand. I picked all of these from my herb garden and have tried them in flavored waters. It’s surprising how well they blend with most fruit flavors, and they amp up the refreshing factor of the water. Mint is the most obvious herb choice. I also have tried basil, rosemary, sage, thyme, lavender, and tarragon. All good.
- WASH FRUIT THOROUGHLY! The citrus and berries need to be really, really clean to keep contaminants and bacteria out of your flavored water. I recommend organic fruit, if it isn’t going to be peeled.
- Use your veggies too. Have leftover carrots or cucumber from cooking? Throw them in!
Minty Cucumber Lime
1/2 a cucumber, sliced
1/2 a lime, sliced
1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
Strawberry-Lemon with Basil
1/2 cup sliced strawberries
1/2 a lemon, sliced
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
1 cup cubed watermelon
1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
Pineapple-Orange with Ginger
1/2 cup cubed pineapple
1/2 an orange, sliced
1 tablespoon freshly-grated ginger
What You’ll Need:
- 1-quart jars
- Wooden Spoon
- Agave or another sweetener (optional)
What to Do:
- Choose which recipe you’re making — or come up with your own combination — and gather all of the ingredients.
- Place the fruit, herbs, and/or spices in the bottom of one of the glass jars, and muddle with a wooden spoon. (That basically means mash up the fruit in the bottom of the jar to release some of the flavor-filled juices.)
- Fill the jar with water and give it a taste. (You can also fill the jar with seltzer water for a fizzy treat.) If you’d like something a bit sweeter, try adding some agave (and mix until dissolved).
- Enjoy as-is or refrigerate overnight for maximum flavor.
All Citrus Flavored Water
- 1 orange, 1 lime, 1 lemon, Water
Raspberry + Lime Flavored Water
Pineapple + Mint Flavored Water
Blackberry + Sage Flavored Water
Watermelon + Rosemary Flavored Water
Well, here are just some of the combinations you could toy with.
- Watermelon and mint (pictured above)
- Cucumber and mint
- Lemon and mint
- Cherry and lime
- Watermelon and cucumber
- Ginger and lemon
- Orange and pineapple
- Lemon and lavender
- Lime and mint
- Cucumber and lime
- Lemon and basil
- Strawberry and mint
- Blackberry and ginger
- Lemon and blueberry
- Thyme and blackberries
- Cucumber and rosemary
- Cantaloupe and watermelon
- Cucumber, lemon, and mint
- Lemon and lime
- Strawberry and basil
- Cranberry juice and lemon (use a capful of unsweetened cranberry juice)
- Ginger and lime
- Pineapple and mango
- Strawberries and lime
- Orange, lime, and lemon
- Lemon and a pinch of cayenne
- Papaya and mango
- Carrots, grapefruits, cucumber, mint, lemon.
This list is non-exhaustive, so don’t stop here. Be creative and who knows you might just discover your personal favorite.
Enjoy drinking your way to health! :D